Local Information - Hilton Head Island
A Resort Community Like No Other
Do you love the beach and the Lowcountry lifestyle? Want to live on a world-famous island where you can golf, swim, and boat? Need a coastal retreat that you can visit again and again? You'll love everything that Hilton Head Island offers.
Hilton Head Island is a small resort community just 45 minutes from the South Carolina-Georgia border and the city of Savannah. The island is home to several subdivisions and golf course communities, all with the features that you're looking for in a vacation home.
Hilton Head Island Homes, Homesites, and Villas for Sale
Why People Love Hilton Head
Hilton Head Island is a popular resort community. Here are a few things that people and publications are saying about it.
- (North America) Golf Destination of the Year — International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO), 2016
- (#1) The Best Islands in the Continental US — Travel + Leisure Magazine, 2016
- 5 Great Southern Resorts for Families This Summer — The Huffington Post, 2015
Hilton Head Island is located about 30 minutes from I-95 (exit 8) and 45 minutes from Savannah, GA. US-278 is the only way into and out of the resort community.
What You Don't Want to Miss
Whether you're planning your first vacation or spending another summer on Hilton Head Island, here are the best things to do and the activities you must do first. As a resort community, Hilton Head Island has plenty of activities you can enjoy.
- Visit the beautiful beaches
- Go bike riding on 60+ miles of trails
- Eat at Coligny Plaza Shopping Center
- Explore the Harbour Town Lighthouse & Museum
- See a show at the Arts Center of Coastal Carolina
Enjoy friendly competition with your friends or neighbors at one of over 33 championship golf courses on the island and nearby, including Port Royal Golf Club and Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run. Dine at the best waterfront restaurants and bars, from Skull Creek Boathouse to Pool Bar Jim's. Take a cruise to watch dolphins or find a charter for deep sea fishing.
A world of outdoor adventures and sight-seeing awaits!